Hey There You,
I won’t waste time with many words – my band has a show next Tuesday, but that’s not nearly the only thing happening. Here’s the stream-lined, bullet-point list:
– Wednesday, Sept 16th – Adrian Bellue & Ian Ethan at Harlow’s – I met double-neck fingerstyle guitarist Ian Ethan over 5 years ago and was floored by his instrumental prowess; I had a similar reaction upon meeting Adrian Bellue, and had the great pleasure of booking them together on a show a few years back and seeing them light up watching each other play. This will be a stunning night of musicianship, and Adrian is releasing his new album as well. You can get tickets here.
– Friday Sept 18th – Sun Sept 20th – TBD Fest – I got to attend last year’s festival, just across the American River south of Tower Bridge in West Sacramento, and discovered so many amazing music acts I had never heard before. Some of our community’s best tastemakers put this together, and feature so many vendors from Sacramento doing so many amazing things. Check the lineup, big mix of styles and eras, and check tix here.
– Tuesday, Sept 22nd – Leo Valentine + The Pressure Lounge at DiveBar – our good friend Leo’s Bday is the 23rd, so we’re throwin’ him a little musical party and backing him up for a set of covers of his choosing. Here’s a sample of what he can do, and you should know by now what *we* can do. 9pm-midnight, 21+, NO COVER
– Saturday, Sept 26th – Sacramento Farm-to-Fork Festival – catch my homie/country up-and-comer Tyler Rich along with Brett Dennen and Stroke 9 for this festival on the Capitol Mall in Sacramento 11am-6pm. Admission is FREE but bring $$ for food/drinks
– Tuesday, Sept 29th – I’m playing “Locals Cover Locals” at Torch Club helping out blues/rock young turk Michael Ray. I believe it kicks off around 8pm and I’ll be playing at least 30min worth of songs by my favorite Sacramento artists
– Friday, October 2nd – my man James Cavern will be playing for free over at Sac State, I believe from noon on for a couple hours. Go check that business out.
…I’ll stop there. That’s a lot, and I know there are even more things happening I’m not mentioning. Let me know if you check any of these out!
P.S. October is a momentous day if you have been paying attention – does the name McFly ring a bell? Check your references. And sadly… still no flying cars, still no real marketable hoverboards. C’mon, science!