Check us backin’ up our good friend Leo Valentine (with Lorraine and Hilary from Cover Me Badd) on some Uptown Funk at the Dive Bar in Downtown Sacramento:
Here’s a quick vid from our show backin’ up pop/R&B phenom and Cover Me Badd lead vocalist Leo Valentine at DiveBar on Tuesday. Soundin’ so strong on dat Stevie.
See you soon,
The Pressure Lounge
Hey There You,
I won’t waste time with many words – my band has a show next Tuesday, but that’s not nearly the only thing happening. Here’s the stream-lined, bullet-point list:
– Wednesday, Sept 16th – Adrian Bellue & Ian Ethan at Harlow’s – I met double-neck fingerstyle guitarist Ian Ethan over 5 years ago and was floored by his instrumental prowess; I had a similar reaction upon meeting Adrian Bellue, and had the great pleasure of booking them together on a show a few years back and seeing them light up watching each other play. This will be a stunning night of musicianship, and Adrian is releasing his new album as well. You can get tickets here.
– Friday Sept 18th – Sun Sept 20th – TBD Fest – I got to attend last year’s festival, just across the American River south of Tower Bridge in West Sacramento, and discovered so many amazing music acts I had never heard before. Some of our community’s best tastemakers put this together, and feature so many vendors from Sacramento doing so many amazing things. Check the lineup, big mix of styles and eras, and check tix here.
– Tuesday, Sept 22nd – Leo Valentine + The Pressure Lounge at DiveBar – our good friend Leo’s Bday is the 23rd, so we’re throwin’ him a little musical party and backing him up for a set of covers of his choosing. Here’s a sample of what he can do, and you should know by now what *we* can do. 9pm-midnight, 21+, NO COVER
– Saturday, Sept 26th – Sacramento Farm-to-Fork Festival – catch my homie/country up-and-comer Tyler Rich along with Brett Dennen and Stroke 9 for this festival on the Capitol Mall in Sacramento 11am-6pm. Admission is FREE but bring $$ for food/drinks
– Tuesday, Sept 29th – I’m playing “Locals Cover Locals” at Torch Club helping out blues/rock young turk Michael Ray. I believe it kicks off around 8pm and I’ll be playing at least 30min worth of songs by my favorite Sacramento artists
– Friday, October 2nd – my man James Cavern will be playing for free over at Sac State, I believe from noon on for a couple hours. Go check that business out.
…I’ll stop there. That’s a lot, and I know there are even more things happening I’m not mentioning. Let me know if you check any of these out!
P.S. October is a momentous day if you have been paying attention – does the name McFly ring a bell? Check your references. And sadly… still no flying cars, still no real marketable hoverboards. C’mon, science!
Damn it’s hard to find time for band administration stuff, but I would be remiss to not mention what an absolute BLAST we had playing at Concerts in the Park in Cesar Chavez Plaza back on May 22nd in Sacramento. Thanks to Andy Hawk, Laith Kaos and all the #CIP2015 and Downtown Sacramento Partnership crew for inviting us and for putting on a great show with The Pressure Lounge, Alex Vincent and the Frank Hannon Band. Great way to kick off Memorial Day weekend!
We have some upcoming events of note.
Next Wednesday July 8th Josh is gathering some “guitar noise” wizards up into Sacramento’s Naked Lounge for the debut of Methambient – an experiment in ambient soundscapes and looping. Also featuring stellar trombone talent Natalie Cressman (of Trey Anastasio’s full band). Check the event page for further details.
Friday July 10th Josh and Amy are bringing their acoustic duo Love + Honey to the Naked Lounge opening up for our talented and adorable friends Ruby Jaye Fradkin and Julianna Zachariou. All ages / 8:30pm / $5 and we’ll have a special little guest up with us!
…and looking ahead, mark Monday, August 24th on your calendars. We have something special planned. That’s it for now. see you wherever music brings us together!
Welcome to our website! We’ve been slowly getting some special things ready for this year, but music has been a bit slow due to the fact that two of us are getting MARRIED! Josh (me, guitar/vox) and Amy are tying the knot late next month and we’re holding a special show to celebrate!
In addition to being a member of The Pressure Lounge, Amy also runs her own band, THEOTOKOS, and our two bands are joining forces next month on FRIDAY, APRIL 10TH at HARLOW’S in Sacramento for a night of celebration and fundraising for our wedding (which we’re paying for ourselves!). Doors open at 9pm and the music kicks off at 10pm with our good friend Quinn Hedges (http://www.quinnhedges.com – great songwriter, monster guitarist, ace bro) opening up the show. Sets from Theotokos and The Pressure Lounge will follow, and we will of course have some special surprises waiting throughout the evening.
Show is 21+ and tickets can be obtained from any band member ahead-of-time for $10 or on www.harlows.com or at the door for $12 anytime now until day of show.
Thanks for reading, and also thanks to our good buddy Brian Hellam for the boss poster. We will of course have other decent-sized announcements to come, but for now we hope to see you April 10th for what will be the best rock show in the history of all rock shows, ever.*
Josh Krage (CEO, The Pressure Lounge)
*may not actually be best rock show in the history of all rock shows, ever. But will be in the top 13.